Saturday 4 February 2012

Field Trip to Penang National Park 3 - 5 Feb 2012

Nothing more than a joyful moment every time I had a field trip with my student. There is no doubt that for every single field trips I really do enjoy it, I love to deliver something to my students whether they accept it or not. I want them to know how important this gem could ever take and how crucial they are in keeping our Earth in perfect balance.

It was the fourth official visit to Penang National Park by me since the first trip in June 2010. For me this field trip is just not only to comply with MQA's regulation, but for most of all is to deliver to the students whatever knowledge they should get.


Me and my students departed from PSA at 3.15 p.m. on February 3rd, 2012 heading for Nelayan Fishing Village Chalet, Penang. As I frequently did every single trip is to take a photo in front of our bus. On the way to Penang, we stopped at Bukit Gantang R&R to have some refreshment and to perform Solat Jama'. I had an opportunity to commemorate our journey taking a photo with some of my students.

"Bean", Me and Wan Azri.

Memory at Bukit Gantang R&R.

My students screamed of joy when our bus entering the Penang bridge and there is already at nightfall. Seeing the Penang bridge panoramic view at nightfall left me a memory that anybody could ever not to forget. The light that flooded the bridge and sea really makes me feel so calm at night. We stopped at Tesco before move to the chalet to find some ration for the next day trekking.

Me and Hafifza.

Me and Miss Chia.

We arrived at Nelayan Fishing Village Chalet nearly 12 o'clock in the midnight. After distributed the keys, seems nothing to do, I headed to my room and felt asleep right after. End of the day.

The very next morning (4/2/2012), I woke up quite late but one thing that make me so frustrated is I missed the beautiful sunrise scenery. There are two things that I always don' t wanna missed a thing, an awesome sunset at Kerachut beach jetty and the sunrise at chalet. I had once before the sunset at Kerachut beach, so beautiful gently drove your mind  to another dimension of relaxation.

The newly-looked Penang National Park square.

Short briefed from me.

My memory lane in front of the entrance.

I told my student that the trekking could possibly consumed almost 4 hours to reach the Kerachut beach. Cheerful faces drew at the early stage of trekking then everything gone wild whenever they have to lock their 4-wheeled ascending the steeply hill. As practiced by the last batch, they measured and tagged the big-sized and commercial species of dipterocarp and non-dipterocarp that availabe along the trekking line prior to accessible.

Measuring and tagging the tree.

A pose from my students.

Another pose from my students.

From left: Zahmin, Faris, Afiq, Hafizi, Me, "Bean" and Kamarul.

If I'm not mistaken, this was a trip I had so many pit stopped, 4 times to count off. Nonetheless, I had my chance to take a photo on the big rock at the small river bank.

What are you looking at?

Actually, there was a last pit stop as I discovered my students getting exhausted seems most of them running out of drink refreshment included me, to say so. So, I have decided that, there is no more measuring and tagging the trees but, the only things to do is to move quickly until we reach the Kerachut beach.

Nana, me, Afiq and Izwan (sit in front)

After a very tired and challenging trekking, we managed to arrive at Kerachut beach at last. As a token of goodwill, I rewarded my students with liberty pass for 2 hours.

A memory at Kerachut beach, From left (stand at the rear): Fauzan, Firdaus, "Bean", Afiq, Me, Hariz, Faris and Kamarul. From left (sit in front): Zainol, Azri, Izwan, "Papa" Farizuan, Wan Azri and Ahmad Fitri.

Me, Bella and Nana in front of Kerachut beach signboard.

Me and Zainol.

A farewell pose from students before they left the jetty.

Earlier before we reached Kerachut beach, when we walked on the concrete walkaway passing through the swampy terrain, I discovered several trees have stilt-roots that resemblance almost like Bintangor Jangkang tree. I have collected the herbarium samples of the tree for the identification.

Stilt-root of Callophylum spp.

A cracked bole of Callophylum spp.

At 4 o'clock, our boat has just arrived at the jetty and we jumped in to depart leaving what the most memorable moment trekking the Hill Dipterocarp formation and Kerachut beach behind hoping there is a visit for the next semester, InsyaAllah.

Bella and Nile Croc, Hafizi.

Nana and Me before departure.

A cheerful moment riding the boat.

A bumpy ride with my students.

Farewell "Seraya", untill we meet again.

A Memory Lense
Here I attached photos at Penang National Park and the way back home for commemoration. Enjoy it!

Me and my students at the Teluk Bahang fishing jetty

"Papa" Farizuan, Me and Firdaus.

Me besides the Penang National Park main office signboard.

Me at the Penang National Park Interpretation Center.

A great view from Penang National Park Interpretation Center.

The entrance of Penang National Park office.

At someplace near the Chowrasta Marketplace.

A view through the Penang bridge.

Me again??

Waiting in the bus besides the Penang Police Contingent, ooopppss..who's behind me, a ghosssst..??

A memory shot at Ulu Bernam R&R.

That's all I have to say about this very time field trip to Penang National Park. I really wanna expressed my most gratitude to Allah S.W.T. for His blessing. Also I would like to extend my greatest thanks to Hafizi and Miss Chia with a lot of help, may god bless you two. The thanks also credited to Mr. Murad and Mr. Hafifza, our beloved driver that always drove us wherever we wanted to. See ya'.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts

terapi jiwa

terapi jiwa




My Blog List

@forest dweller

@forest dweller