Friday 17 February 2012

Memoir At UiTM Jengka, Pahang










A memoir at Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) Jengka Pahang is my barely personal travel log that tell thousands memory while staying at UiTM Jengka, Pahang on the past 10 - 12 February 2012. UiTM Jengka was so synonym with PSA students doing their practical day and night and I still remember that I had seven consecutive exhausted weeks once in my past travel experience.

In fact, UiTM Jengka is not something new for me since my last trip in 2009. This time, accompanied by Mr. Kamal, I brought together 3 crowds consists of DBK1, DBK2A and DBK2B students. We stopped at Genting Sempah R&R, our regular station for east coast route, to refill our empty stomach before moving.

My fellow students at Genting Sempah R&R.

Posing in front of PSA bus, my regular trademark.

After 2 hours of journey, I reached Persimpangan Chenor, an exit that lead to Bandar Tun Razak or formerly known as Bandar Pusat Jengka at last. The very nostalgic signboard I must say. Upon exiting the highway via toll plaza, I and Mr. Kamal has stopped by at the parking spot on the left side of the road waiting for the arrival of the bus.

A very memorable signboard.

At the stop, while waiting for the buses, I took some pictures for my blog. A couple of minutes later, 2 PSA buses just arrived and they stopped awaiting for the last bus to arrive.

Me in front of Kamal's AD Resort.

Four "gang".

Me and Mr. Samsur, our beloved driver.

A snapshot with my fellow DBK2B.

When the last bus arrived, we were hurried heading for UiTM Jengka since the nightfall just coming very fast. We had split out right after when the UiTM's main gate just a few hundred meters ahead. Kamal and I keep our route to the UiTM while my students headed for Bandar Tun Razak to find some ration. Seems there is no one else at the factory waiting for us, just a silence and melody of night forest faunas. One hour later, the buses just arrived at the factory and my students started to unload the tents and their stuffs from the bus compartments. A very calm and silence night, DBK1 just felled asleep while poor DBK2A and DBK2B, they had completed their practical at 2.30 a.m.

Night camp at UiTM Jengka, Pahang.

My students had the opportunity to take a short break.

I woke up so early in the very next morning (11/2/2012) and getting bath right after. My fellow students still in their deep sleep after a very exhausted last night. The forestry practical class started at 9.00 a.m. which is conducted by my one and only the most favorite lecturer, Prof. Hj. Abd. Jalil Hj. Ahmad a.k.a Pak AJ, none taken. I had a lot of knowledge being his pupil during my university's day. Ever since now, sitting down to hear his lecture drove me back to my student's life once at UiTM a long time ago. I left the university for almost 12 years, struggling to deliver the knowledge to my students as they  (my teacher) did the same to me. Anyway, let us get back down to our business and for today, Pak AJ has planned to cut down two trees, Jelutong (Dyera costulata) and Sesenduk (Endospermum diadenum). Let it be! Go get some lumberjack!

Pak AJ briefed my students about felling the tree.

At the logging site.

Pak AJ and Mr. Nazri investigated the area the surround the Jelutong tree before felling.

From left: Amira, Bedah, Alif, Mudin, Nurul, Rini, Lina and Faezah standing behind the felled Jelutong tree.

After the most 3 hours of thrilling moment, the Jelutong and Sesenduk trees collapsed to the ground at last. Then, the trees are being cut into short logs to make it easier to deal with for the next process. End of the session. In the evening, I had a jungle trekking with my students through the UiTM's Educational Forest Reserved. The trek begins at the Arboretum and we have a stop at the legendary Kem Sri Gading. After a very short break at Kem Sri Gading, we proceed our trekking via logging track and reached the factory at the end.

Before jungle trekking.

"Blood" latex of Penarahan Arang.

Who is taking my back picture?

A short break at Kem Sri Gading with DBK4A.

A snapshot at a small bridge.

A memory at Kem Sri Gading.

A snapshot besides the Kem Sri Gading signboard.

A typical laminated inner bark of Meranti Paang (Shorea bracteolata)

From left: Amira, Faezah, Zainul, Me, Alif, Lina and Mudin.

The very next day (12/2/2012), Pak AJ has conducted the log primary breakdown practical for my student. Basically, there are three major categories of processing the log; Major Saw, Band Resaw and Edger Saw. For Major Saw, they used a very large band saw called "headrig" with a log carriage. This type of machine was supervised by Pak AJ and operated by Mr. Shahril Izanie. This machine consists of two major parts namely a wide band saw mounted on two wheels and a log carriage. This log carriage hold the log and gently drive it to be sawn by the wide band saw. The process is considered done after the whole log has been sew.

Students measured the dimension of logs.

Primary breakdown saw in action.

My students posed with the log slab.

Ban resaw in action.

Nana (in front), Nadiah and Bella posed besides the central cant.

Edge trimming.

The whole process of converting from log into sawn timber took almost 8 hours to complete. Thanks to Pak AJ, Muslim, Shahril and Khairil for such a very to us giving their hands and sharing the knowledge. We traveled back home to PSA at 5.30 p.m. after a very tired day.

A cheerful faces after 3 most wonderful days at UiTM Jengka, Pahang.

Me and my most favorite "cikgu", Pak AJ.

I love to say this every single time I had a trip to UiTM Jengka, Pahang that I really missed  the moment being there, their staffs, forest, machinery,  Kem Sri Gading and the song of the birds in the morning. I really missed them, and hopefully there is always a chance to get there in the future. Long live WOODTECH CLAN!!


Wrote by:
Zaril Faizal bin Zaral Gaffar

3 comments:

  1. Gila ah Kamal pakai spoiler dkt AD Resort. Nak terbang ke apa? Hehehe.

    Bob, tempat camp site tu, sama dengan tempat camping 1st time kita pegi dulu ke? Tepi sungai area tu ada sebatang dua pokok rengas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dah banyak berubah idan..dulu kita nak buang air kena buat "toilet" sendiri..sekarang dah ada tandas "5 stars"..budak aku dah dua orang kena alahan rengas..habis gatal satu badan..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agak dah. Tengok area tu macam kenal walaupun sekali je pegi. Mana boleh lupa. Aku dgn sapa tah ang yg kena buat tandas. Ada lagi gambar tu,

    https://picasaweb.google.com/114534789698294246167/Nostalgia#5212026972059437842

    Patut kau ajar diorg makan umbut bayas sekali.

    ReplyDelete


Popular Posts

terapi jiwa

terapi jiwa




My Blog List

@forest dweller

@forest dweller